Comrade (Dr) Nuhu Solomon Anyegwu, REHO (is a Registered Environmental Health Officer) LEHO (Licensed Environmental Health Officer), the incumbent provost, College of Health Sciences and Technology, ldah was born on 4th May, 1970 to the family of Anyegwu Adegbe Edino residing at Ujagba but from Etutu all in Igalamela Odolu Local Government Area of Kogi State.
He attended LGEA Primary School Ujagba from 1979 to 1985 where he passed out from as the BEST pupil in the class i.e being a perpetual first overall student. He was the class monitor and assistant Head boy during his primary school education.
He was admitted to Ajaka Community Secondary School Ajaka for his secondary school education in 1986 and passed out in 1991. He equally served as President, Science Club, Senior prefect and Head boy between 1989 and 1991.
This young, vibrant and enterprising man’s zeal and passion for acquisition of more knowledge made him secure admission for Environmental Health Course (HND) at Kogi State School of Health Technology ldah, Benue state as then called in 1993 and graduated in 1996. The display of his good and exemplary leadership style made the entire students of the school to overwhelmingly elect him as president, Student Union Government (SUG) of the school in 1995 and he successfully rounded up his tenure in 1996 in the school.
Anyegwu obtained admission at University of Ibadan particularly under University Teaching Hospital for advance Diploma of Tutors of Health Sciences in 2000 and graduated as the best with distinction in 2001, where he equally served as the course leader.
As a result of his consciousness and mindfulness of the spiritual mandate and its fulfillment in his life he proceeded for a Holiday programme at Life Leadership University/Institute, USA; ldah/Benin centres in 2004 for a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Theology/Mission and graduated with second class Upper division. This spiritually inclined training has enabled him to affect lives positively through Idah NTA weekly programs titled “Marriage and Successful Family Life” since 2010 to date. He secured admission to the same university for a Master Degree programme in Personnel Management, a course he successfully completed in 2010.
Comrade Solomon’s extraordinary desire for further studies made him secure admission to University of Nigeria Nsukka for another Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Education in 2008 and successfully completed in 2012. He humbly served his colleagues as the course Representative for five years. He is also a holder of Master Degree in Environmental Health from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Ogbomoso.
He was conferred with an Honorary Doctorate degree of Health Sciences and Community Development by Oral Roberts University Oklahoma, USA.
Also, Solomon has attended so many workshops and seminars organized by West African Health Examinations Board, EHORECON and Government both within and outside the state.
He was overwhelmingly elected as the State President unopposed in August 2011 and National Vice President in November, 2013 to serve in the Environmental Health Officers Association of Nigeria, Kogi State chapter and North Central Geopolitical Zone respectively.
Similarly, he was elected into the office of the Deputy National President Environmental Health Officers Association of Nigeria in November 2018, the two trade union offices he is holding till date.
Prior to his appointment by his Excellency, the Executive Governor of Kogi State as Provost, he has served in the College at different capacities: Secretary, Academic Board, Secretary, School Management, Dean, Students Affairs, Deputy Head of Department, Head of Department of Environmental Health, Deputy Provost, Academics, in all these he performed creditably and wonderfully well.
Comrade Anyegwu being a prolific writer and an eloquent Speaker has delivered so many public lectures amongst which are titled: Good governance, a panacea to National development; the benefits of education in the lives of our youths, poor attitudes of health workers to health care delivery, disaster management etc and has equally written many articles that were published in local, national and international Newspapers and journals. Besides, he is a regular interviewee on “Coast to Coast” NTA Lokoja, a one hour exhaustive enlightenment/educational programme.
Comrade Anyegwu has gotten so many Accolades awards such as:
- Award of Excellence in administration by National Association of lgala Students
- Award of Ambassador of Excellence by National Association of Okun Students
- Award of good works and Philantropism by Kogi State Christian Welfare Committee
- Merit award for consistent services by Nigeria Television Authority
- FELLOW Institute of public speaking, Nigeria
- FELLOW, and Astitute Member Better Nigeria in Practice
- FELLOW, Institute of Corporate Administration
- FELLOW, African Institute of Public Health Professionals
- FELLOW, West African Post Graduate College of Environmental Health
- FELLOW, Institute of Management Consultants
- Best in Health and Education services in Kogi State leadership Award by Kogi forum for Good governance
- Award of BEST PERFORMED HEAD OF HEALTH INSTITUTIONS IN NORTH CENTRAL ZONE OF NIGERIA BY NIGERIA YOUTH CONGRESS
- Award of leadership as BEST PERFORMING HEAD OF HEALTH COLLEGES IN NIGERIA By profile images network Nigeria.
- Best Provost of the year award by the National Association of Environmental Health Students of Nigeria in 2019
- Merit award for exceptional leadership competence
- and consistent support toeards the growth of the engineering profession in Nigeria
- Icon of nation building in Nigeria by West African Students Union Parliament.
- Award of excellence of environmental health, 2018 by Environmental health Officers association of Nigeria
- Epitome of good leadership by Oodua Youth Parliament
- Nigeria Patriot of Education Exemplary award by Global Majesty Publication, Abuja.
- Merit award by Ebira Ashewuni women association
- Nigeria patroit of education Exemplary award by Majesty Global Charity foundation
- Order of merit award by MOPENGON (Movement for peaceful and equitable governance in Nigeria)
- Award of good performance by National association of Ondo State Students, CHST Idah
- Award of most active Provost by National Association of Ebira Students, CHST Idah
- Awrd of Excellence by Rotary Club of Idah Central
- Ambassador of peace by Newday College of Bishops, Abuja
- Award of Excellent performance by Online Media Practitioners association of Nigeria.
- Award of excellence and an icon of Hope by national association of polytechnic students of Nigeria 2020
- A letter of Vote of Confidence conferred on the provost by the entire Governing Council of College of Health Sciences and Technology,Idah.
- Letter of Commendation to the provost by the entire Governing Council members of the College of Health Sciences and Technology, Idah.
- A special letter of Commendation conferred on the Provost by Kogi State government through the State Ministry of Health as directed by His Excellency, the Governor of the State.
Comrade Anyegwu is a regular interviewee on Nigerian Television Authority International, Abuja Nigeria and was given an award of Global Excellence [Academic Prowess] by United Nations World Habitat Foundation. Also He was conferred with 2018 African Role Model Leadership Award by Centre for Good Governance in Africa at University of Ibadan.
He is happily married and the marriage is blessed with children.
Please join us to celebrate this unique personality of valour, value and distinction in leadership. See some of the interviews he granted below:
-NTA International Nationwide News 09th April 2020
Insight on NTA International 7th April 2020
Issues on Covid-19
Comfirment by Kogi State Governor